When you look at the process of igniting a fire in your fireplace and nothing seems to be working, the last thing that you want to do is rush out and buy a bunch of fireplace starter logs and have them not work either. So, what is the solution? One idea could be using an electric charcoal starter.
These are perfect for charcoal or wood stoves and they will be able to create the warmth that you want with so much ease. You simply place the memory foam logs into your unit and plug it in just like you would any other appliance. You will never have to have an issue with trying to start your fire again.
If you are looking for the best electric charcoal starter then you must read this thorough review. Since it is your intention to buy the best electric charcoal starter but you are confused because there are so many options in front of you, so probably this review will help you to make the right decision.
List of 15 Best Electric Fire Starter For Charcoal Reviews
1. Ivation Premium 500W Electric Charcoal Starter
- This electric charcoal starter speedily ignites large quantities of charcoal or briquettes with the power of electricity, so you spend less time waiting and more time enjoying your meal. Just plug it in, place the coiled metal strand against charcoal or briquettes, and it will heat them up within minutes.
- This compact electric motor further speeds the process and lets you easily move the strand around rapidly to cover larger areas. It is also safer than matches and lighter fluid because the element goes directly into coal or briquettes and starts heating them while they remain in your grill or fire pit. Because there are no fumes and no liquid to evaporate, your food will have all the flavor of natural charcoal without a chemical aftertaste.
- Furthermore, this unit can be used repeatedly again as a reliable means of starting up your outdoor fire. With its long angled handle that’s designed to keep you away from direct heat, simply heat coal or briquettes until they glow red for best results.
2. Skyflame Electric Charcoal Fire Starter and Lighter with Built-in Blower
- Save time and effort when you light your charcoal, wood, or pellets with the Skyflame electric fire starter. The powerful blower pushes air through a nozzle, creating an airstream that heats up to 1000°F in just seconds. Just point the nozzle at your pile of fuel and push a button.
- The blower will heat the surrounding area until it ignites, starting your fire quickly and eliminating the need to use lighter fluid or other chemicals that may affect the taste.
- This high-quality product has a thermal safety switch that turns off the unit if it overheats, and automatically restarts after it cools down. Safe, efficient, and easy to use, this tool is a must for any outdoor cooking enthusiast.
3. Char-Broil Electric Charcoal Starter
- The Char-Broil Electric Charcoal Starter is perfect for charcoal grills or fire pits. This portable unit heats up quickly and evenly, using 1,000 watts to generate enough heat to light briquette piles.
- It can be used without an extension cord for smaller piles or with a cord when needed. The Char-Broil Electric Charcoal Starter features a heat-resistant handle that easily stays cool while the coals stay hot.
- Light your charcoal in a flash with the Char-Broil Electric Charcoal Starter. Designed specifically to light charcoal without lighter fluid, this tool is easy to use and safe for your backyard.
- Lay the briquettes in piles and clip the Electric Charcoal Starter onto the bricks. Be careful when using the plug-in, but once lit you can move around your fire pit or fireplace with ease.
4. GasSaf Electric Charcoal Fire Starter Quick Lighting Charcoal
- This Fire Starter is a new revolutionary tool for starting fireplaces, fire pits and BBQ grills that completely eliminates lighter fluid gas or matches. It uses nothing but electric heating to ignite the combustion of charcoal, wood or briquettes within seconds.
- The high temperature heated air ignites the fuel in seconds and the electric fan quickly spreads the flames over your entire firebox. Using this tool helps keep your home free from toxic fumes and cancer-causing chemicals found in lighter fluid.
- Built-in blower mica core keeps the electric igniter from overheating so it is more durable and lasts longer. Includes a hook for hanging that doubles as a bottle opener. this electric smoker is extremely easy to use, just press the button and set it on the coal grate of your grill.
5. RAPID-LITE Xtreme Electric Charcoal Starter
- The Rapid-Lite Xtreme Electric Charcoal Starter is an electrical-operated device that makes heating your charcoal safer and easier for your outdoor cooking needs.
- The 800W of power required to operate this product safely ignites the coals from its stainless steel heating element, which extends 8 inches from the base to give you a wider wingspan without having to move the unit.
- The Rapid-Lite Xtreme Electric Charcoal Starter is durable, weatherproof, and reliable in order to deliver on the results you are looking for!
6. GGC Electric Fire Starter Made of Mica Core Material
- Made from mica core material, this electric fire starter provides a flame that can ignite charcoal, wood and paper, without the use of butane.
- Once switched on, the air blower produces a stream of air over the element at a temperature of about 1000°C (1800°F). It can be used in all seasons for a variety of reasons: camping, bbq and garden parties in the summer; winter time for heating fireplaces and stoves; for industrial use where heat is needed.
- Simply plug it into any 220-240V outlet, insert the nozzle into the paper or coal and press the on button; coals will be glowing within a matter of seconds!
- The length of cord is long enough to be flexible to use and can be moved around if needed. This electric fire starter will dramatically reduce ignition time, saving energy and helping to protect our environment.
7. MIGI WOLF Electric Charcoal Fire Starter
- MIGI WOLF Electric Fire Starter allows your charcoal grill, smoker or fire pit to reach up to 1,100°F in just 3 minutes. Its updraft design makes it faster than the average handheld blower for charcoal starter.
- This electric lighter can help you light up all kinds of natural firewood like lump charcoal and briquettes as well as kindling. Pull-to-start, press-to-stop function is designed to safeguard users.
- Ideal lighter for ceramic grills, charcoal barbecues, and smokers that’s sure to promote envy among grilling enthusiasts.
8. BBQ Dragon Electric Charcoal Starter & Lighter
- The BBQ Dragon Electric Charcoal Starter brings your lump coal, charcoal briquettes or wood by starting three times faster than a conventional lighter. Use this product indoors or outdoors. When used with a chimney charcoal starter, this starter can start the coals in less than 10 minutes.
- This device speeds up the process of starting lump coal, charcoal briquettes or wood much faster than conventional lighters.
- It also allows you to control the amount of airflow needed depending on the size of the fire. A great gift for barbeque lovers!
- If you are looking for a highly effective charcoal lighter and firestarter, the BBQ Dragon can’t be beaten. This electric, variable-speed fan uses an ultra-efficient motor to generate plenty of airflow for charcoal chimneys, grills, smokers, wood stoves and fireplaces.
- Its sleek stainless steel body remains cool during use so it’s safe to handle even during prolonged periods of airflow.
9. Zuckbergs Fast Electric Charcoal Starter
- The Zuckbergs Fast Electric Charcoal Starter is suitable for all types of solid fuel barbecue grills and hibachis, including charcoal briquettes, lump charcoal, hardwood chips, pellets, and more. Ideal for when you have guests round or in a hurry to start cooking, the electric arc of hot air reaches the temperature of 600 °C (1100 °F) in a few seconds.
- Easily igniting your coals ready for cooking. It’s simple to ignite briquettes, no gas or flame needed; just press and hold the power button (auto-bounce feature prevents forgetting).
- The lightweight design is easy to use for anyone without getting too close to the flames and includes a built-in blower fan for faster heating, meaning you can BBQ sooner. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, this starter has a 1-year warranty included.
10. Looftlighter – Original Electric Fire and Charcoal Starter
- The Looftlighter is an innovative device used to light your briquette or natural wood charcoal grill without the use of an accelerant (i.e. lighter fluid). Using super-heated air, the Looftlighter lights your grill with ease and in no time.
- Moreover, using no lighter fluid or other accelerant means you don’t have that nasty smell on your food or in your hair. It’s also healthy because there are no nasty fumes given off from burning lighter fluid and then absorbed by the food you’re cooking.
- This quick, clean and safe electric firelighter is suitable for the firing of natural wood, charcoal briquettes and coal. Also suitable for lighter fluid-free barbecue preparation. The temperature at the tip of the Looftlighter can reach 1200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The tip does not get as hot as a blowtorch so it will not set fire to your briquettes or coals before they have time to ignite. As long as you are careful and patient when using the lighter (The same way you should do when using a match), leaves and embers will not be a problem.
11. WishDirect 600W Electric Charcoal Starter Fire Lighter for BBQ Grill Smoker
- With this electric charcoal starter, lighting a charcoal grill has been made safe and easy. The WISDirect Electric Charcoal Starter is an all-in-1 fire starter with a heating element and long insulated handle that fits any grill depth to keep your hand safely away from heat.
- The starter quickly generates heat to ignite charcoal briquettes or lump coal. Just plug in the electric starter and wait for the coals to glow red. Then spread them on your grill and then you are ready to cook!
- Great for backyard grills, campground grills, as well as tailgating and sporting events.
12. Duke Grills Omaha Electric Charcoal Starter for Grill
- Duke Grills Omaha Electric Charcoal Starter is perfect for everyday grilling and outdoor entertaining. The 120 Volt electric fire starter generates 550 watts and works quickly to light briquettes.
- This grill accessories charcoal electric igniter provides a safe and easy way to start briquettes without the harmful effects of chemical starter fluid. Simply plug Duke Grills Grill Charcoal Starters into any weatherproof outlet, place on grill grate, and stack your briquettes on top.
- The reliable charcoal igniter generates the perfect amount of heat to start charcoals in minutes, giving you the ability to be ready to cook at a moment’s notice.
- Best of all, our fireplace accessories are covered by a lifetime warranty guarantee, so you can barbecue with confidence!
13. ipalmay Fast Electric Fire Starter
- Are you still using fire starter fluid and kindling to get your charcoal started? The problem with this is that it takes too long and can cause health and safety risks. This new electric fire starter may be the best thing since sliced bread!
- In fact, it could be said that this is the sliced bread of fire starters. Lights coals in minutes without all the chemicals, smoke and mess found with other starters. Simply plug into any standard household outlet, place between your charcoal or briquettes, flip the switch to “on” and watch as your coals light in about 10 minutes.
- It’s simple: a metal coil glows red hot, igniting the charcoal from below/within. Unplug from outlet and allow to cool before storing. Must be used outdoors only with UL approved extension cord rated for outdoor use (not included).
14. NutriChef Premium BBQ Grill Starter
- The NutriChef outdoor electric BBQ grill lighter eliminates the need for messy and unreliable lighter fluid, resulting in a safer and more efficient grilling experience.
- The electric barbecue starter features a temperature safe, ergonomic grip handle, with a simple button operation that takes only seconds to heat up to 800° Fahrenheit and get your barbecue underway.
- The lightweight design (under 3lbs.) makes it easy to use and move around, while the included 4.9-foot power cord plugs into standard 120V outlets for convenient use anywhere outdoors.
- This starter can help you get rid of those environmentally-damaging chemicals and uses a safe and clean electric spark to start the charcoal. The electric spark handle is designed for daily use, with a heat-resistant design, easy to clean surface and included stand base for placement on any flat surface.
15. HomeRight Electro-Torch Charcoal Starter and Lighter
- The HomeRight Electro-Torch charcoal fire starter is the best tool for a quick and simple fire. Use it to light your charcoal barbecue or wood fire pit without using matches or starter fluids.
- Built with two ignition switches, you can control how fast you wish to get your charcoal lit. Position one will ignite your coals in less than a minute.
- Position two provides concentrated, high-velocity air flow for an even quicker lighting time and produces more heat to fan the flames. Protective cage included to help prevent burns during and after the operation!
Things To Consider When Buying An Electric Charcoal Starter
When you are looking for the best electric charcoal starter for your needs, it is important to consider the features and properties of the product. Here are some things to look out for when making your purchase.
- Shape and Size: The first thing that you need to think about is the shape of the starter. Some have flat bottoms and others have rounded ones. The flat bottom starters work well for cooking in a smaller area and is better suited for direct grilling than indirect grilling. If you are planning on using indirect heat when cooking, a rounded bottom is a better option as it allows the heat to be distributed more evenly.
- Portable: The next thing you want to look at is how portable the product is. This can be very important if you like to take your grill with you on trips or plan on moving it around often. Look for products that are lightweight and easy to carry around with you. There should also be handles or grips that make it easier to move around with one hand.
- Material Used: Next, think about what material was used to construct your electric charcoal starter. Some of the most popular options are made from either stainless steel or non-stick materials. Stainless steel tends to work better but has the tendency to be larger and heavier. Non-stick products are smaller, more lightweight, and easier to use overall.
- On/Off Switch: When looking at the switch, be sure it is easy to use. A powered starter will have a power button that you need to push in order to get it to turn on. You may also have an adjustable temperature knob as well. The best products will have a power button that is easy to press and one that lights up when in use. This makes it much easier to see where you are putting your food on the grill or smoker and can help keep you safe when cooking at night or in low light conditions.
- Temperature Control: Another thing to consider is the temperature control on your electric charcoal starter. Some have an easy-to-read knob that is calibrated in Fahrenheit, while others have a dial that goes up and down in increments of one. Look for a product that has greater control over the temperature you are cooking at and how long it takes for the charcoal to heat up. This will help you adapt your cooking technique for different types of food without having to adjust the temperature each time you cook something new.
- Easy To Clean: Lastly, you may want to think about the type of material used to construct your electric charcoal starter. Some models are made from stainless steel that you can easily wipe down with a wet rag if things get dirty. Other products have non-stick surfaces that can be wiped off with a wet towel as well.
FAQs about Electric Charcoal Starter
1. Is an electric charcoal starter good?
Yes, electric charcoal starters are a good alternative to lighter fluid, especially if you want to avoid the chemicals found in lighter fluid. The most common type of electric charcoal starter is an electrically heated wire coil that you plug in to heat up. While you can use them to start a fire, they are not as efficient as some of the other methods on this list, like starting fluid or newspaper. … The coils also get very hot and may burn you if you’re not careful.
2. Do electric fire starters work?
Electric fire starters work very well with lump charcoal and wood chips but may not light briquettes as well.
3. What is a good charcoal starter?
There are many kinds of charcoal starters in the market now, such as electric charcoal starter, chimney starter and so on. Every kind of product has its own characteristics. Among them, we suggest you use an electric charcoal starter because it is easy to use and very safe.
4. Do electric lighters work on charcoal?
Yes, of course, it can work well when you are using an electric lighter to light up a charcoal fire. But you should pay attention not to let it touch your skin because the temperature of this lighter could be really high during using time. And you should keep away from children when using an electric lighter at home because this kind of product could be dangerous for them if they play with it without knowing how to use it properly. It’s better if you put it in a safe place after using this product and keep away from child’s reachable place
5. How do you use an electric starter with charcoal?
You can use an electric charcoal starter to light charcoal in a number of ways. If you are using a grill or smoker, place the coals on the grill grate and the charcoal starter underneath. Turn the charcoal starter on and wait for the coals to ignite (typically 5-10 minutes).
If you are using a fire pit, spread the charcoal in a pyramid shape and place the electric starter underneath. Switch on the electric starter and wait for the coals to ignite.
We hope you’re convinced about the benefits of this electric charcoal fire starter. It makes a safe and convenient way to prepare charcoal for any type of grill, smoker, or campfire you plan on using to cook. Not only does it make lighting easier, but it also helps get your charcoal ready faster than traditional methods. So stop having trouble lighting the grill and start enjoying dinner with ease.