- List of 8 Best Wood Pellets Reviews
- #1 CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix Smoking Pellets
- #2 Z GRILLS Premium BBQ Wood Pellets for Grilling Smoking Cooking
- #3 Traeger Grills PEL319 Hickory 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets Grill
- #4 CookinPellets 40H Hickory Smoking Pellets
- #5 Camerons Smoking Wood Pellets (Apple)- Kiln Dried BBQ Pellets
- #6 Traeger Grills PEL305 Mesquite
- #7 ASMOKE Wood Pellets for Smoker Grill
- #8 Jack Daniel’s Smoking BBQ Pellets
- What Are Smoking Pellets?
- What Makes Pellets So Awesome?
- What To Look For When Buying Wood Pellets?
Wood pellets are a crucial part of smoking your meat. The best wood pellets will give you the most flavor, while also making it easier to maintain your smoker’s temperature. This is why we’ve put together this guide on what to look for in the top wood pellet brands and how they differ from one another. You’ll find that there are some factors that can’t be overlooked when picking out which type of wood pellet is right for you.
List of 8 Best Wood Pellets Reviews
#1 CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix Smoking Pellets
CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix is a mix of hand-picked hardwoods from four different types of oak. This means there’s twice as much lignin, a natural binder, and fuel source, as well as no filler wood or oils so it won’t void any manufacturer warranty codes. It mixes very easily with other pellets on the grill to ensure great outdoor cooking results with less smoke for beginners or connoisseurs alike!
#2 Z GRILLS Premium BBQ Wood Pellets for Grilling Smoking Cooking
Z GRILLS Premium BBQ Wood Pellets is 100% pure American Hickory hardwood. It’s free of harmful binding agents and fillers, creating a quality product at an affordable price. These all-natural pellets have a stronger flavor that elevates your grilling experience without compromising the healthiness of our products to both you and the environment.
Z GRILLS wood pellets are made in America, assuring clean ingredients for an enjoyable cooking session with minimal ash residue that saves you time after cleaning up! Let Z GRILLS do the melting for you while making your steaks juicy on the grill–perfect for customers who own any brand pellet smoker! A 30-day refund or replacement guarantee is offered
#3 Traeger Grills PEL319 Hickory 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets Grill
Traeger PEL319 Hickory Pellets are robust, hearty wood pellets that will give your food a mouthwatering flavor. Made of natural materials, they are the number one choice for professional BBQheads.
Bold, smoky hickory taste is perfect for everything from beef to vegetables. Great on pork! Best-selling product because it’s America’s favorite – best price too!
Never let yourself run out of Traeger hardwood pellet flavors again with this exclusive Combo pack. Enough hickory high-quality pellets to last you through next summer season at an unbeatable value!
#4 CookinPellets 40H Hickory Smoking Pellets
This smoking pellets has got it all: reliable, high-quality pellets for a price that doesn’t break your smoke budget. CookinPellets 40H relies on 100% pure Hickory to create an amazing flavor and smokey aroma; you can really taste the difference.
Too many other vendors use other woods as fillers and sometimes even softwoods like Alder or Oak, which can end up soaking up your time and effort without any noticeable benefits. Save yourself the hassle and check out our guaranteed 100% Hickory smoking pellets from CookinPellets!
#5 Camerons Smoking Wood Pellets (Apple)- Kiln Dried BBQ Pellets
Camerons Smoking Wood Pellets provide a delicate smoky flavor. With one of the best performance pellet types, each package of BBQ pellets is kiln dried and made in the U.S.A for domestic and international markets.
Added benefits of using these wood pellets include: their ability to ignite quickly and combust 100%, thus creating an even more aromatic smoke than you’ve ever experienced! They’re perfect for any smoker box or gas grill, indoor ovens or even outdoor grills too- so stock up today!
#6 Traeger Grills PEL305 Mesquite
Traeger Grills PEL305 Mesquite Wood Pellets takes commercial-grade grilling to a whole new level. Boasting bold, robust flavor, the Mesquite Hardwood Pellets are designed for cooking beef and other classic BBQ cuts. Made in American mills to cut down on shipping time and expense, these pellets come factory sealed with high quality packaging like standard sized bags for easy handling.
Packages of 10 offer convenience at home or while traveling; bulk order means you’ll never run out! MESQUITE WOOD FIRED FLAVOR traps the essence of the grill into every bite with an authentic BBQ taste that can only be derived from mesquite wood grilled meat.
#7 ASMOKE Wood Pellets for Smoker Grill
ASMOKE Wood Pellets are 100% natural wood pellets that use real fruit orchards. Compared to other hardwood pellets, they have no additives, fillers, sprays for scenting, glues or chemicals because it is all natural! With SGS Report you are assure of protectability and away from any harmful chemicals. Use ASMOKE’s premium apple hardwood for delectable flavors without any artificial taste!
They are safe, easy-to-use, long lasting, and work on any type of grills or smokers. ASMOKE outranks other brands because they offer the best smokey flavor that won’t smother your food with their extra herbs.
With ASMOKE pellets, each season is an opportunity to cook the tastes you love! Fall brings flavors like apple cider vinaigrette mixed vegetables like sweet potatoes and winter squash; winter spices make smoked whitefish taste amazing; barbeque chicken sausages never tasted so good!
#8 Jack Daniel’s Smoking BBQ Pellets
These oak pellets, made from 100% premium ingredients and infused with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey flavor, are perfect for all pellet-fired cookers. Guaranteed to provide a high BTU, low ash and moist cooking environment with clean-burning performance. Simply scatter 20 lbs on the top of your coals before you light them!
When you’re using these premium pellets, every time you fire up your pellet grill and smoker, think of that magic moment when care meets their match. They mix together for an unforgettable sipping experience – one that really gets you going – and we found that it’s perfect in our smokers too!
Plus, many cooks report better results in taste tests when cooking with JD pellets. Smoke-rocking good BBQs indoors or outdoors are virtually guaranteed if you have these on hand for any occasion.
What Are Smoking Pellets?
Smoking pellets are small cylinders of compressed sawdust with flavorings. They’re usually made with wood dust and flavoring agents like hickory, apple, maple, etc. The pellets burn up when placed in a smoker or grill without producing any flames or smoke (at least when fresh).
Basically, smoking pellets are an environmentally friendly way to give your meat flavors similar to those you get from indirect heat on real hardwood logs. Smoking pellets use less fuel than actual logs do but emit the same amount of BTUs. Since they burn more slowly than logs too, they hot more evenly – giving you darn near perfect smoking experience every time you use them!
What Makes Pellets So Awesome?
The biggest advantage about pellets is that you can just go on about your business after placing the food on the grill. Since they produce very little ash, there’s no need to babysit the grill like with logs every five minutes!
Smoking pellets are also more convenient than real hardwood logs. This is because you don’t have to make a trip to the wood yard every time you want to smoke a rack of ribs. With pellets, all you have to do is grab a couple of sacks from your garage and start cooking!
What To Look For When Buying Wood Pellets?
Many people think that picking out the best wood pellets is as simple as picking up the first bag you see and putting it in your safe. This isn’t necessarily true, but there are several things to look for before buying the first bag. The pellet should burn cleanly and not create a lot of smoke or ash that can damage your wood stove pipe and chimney. It should also heat efficiently without wasting too much heat. Here is what to look for:
- Quality of the Pellet – Make sure that you know what wood pellets are made from. Cheaper pellets can be made out of anything, whereas high-quality pellets are made completely out of hardwood sawdust. This is important to make sure your chimney isn’t clogged up.
- Moisture Content – Look for a pellet that has little to no moisture content in it because this will cause them to form mold and mildew when not used in a stove or fireplace within a few days after opening the bag.
- Low Smokiness and Soot Production – Wood pellets should also produce very little smoke and soot while burning in your stove/place, otherwise it is wasting heat and this damages your chimney.
- Low Ash Content – Ash is one of the products that burning wood leaves behind, so look for a pellet that has less ash content than others to prevent clogging in your stove pipe. The best way to tell is by looking at the ash after they have burned down to about 1/2 inch or so because there should be very little left other than carbon, but some ash should still remain.
- Type of Pellet – There are several types of wood pellets that vary in terms of what is used to make them and their heating values (i.e.: hickory vs. oak). Make sure to purchase hardwood pellets because they not only burn hotter than softwoods, but also produce less ash and soot while burning, which makes them better for your chimney as well as having a longer shelf life than other wood pellet types. Some people even vacuum seal these types of pellets before putting them into bags so that there isn’t any moisture remaining in them at all, however this isn’t necessary.
When you first purchase wood pellets, it’s important to take note of how many are left in the bag after warming the home with them for an hour or two. It can also help to put small rocks into each corner of the bag before sealing it again after taking out enough pellets to heat your home. This will help you to know exactly how many pellets are left in the bag.
So, you’ve got the grill and now it is time to buy some wood pellets. But which one should you purchase? Do these words sound familiar? It takes a lot of trial and error to find out what flavor best suits your taste buds.
To make things easier for you we have put together this list of 8 best wood pellets that work wonders with any kind of pellet grills. This way, no matter if you are looking for mesquite flavoring or applewood smoke, there will be something on our list that satisfies your needs!
All in all, don’t let yourself get overwhelmed by trying every different type available because we’ve done all the hard work so just choose from our suggestions above and enjoy cooking tasty.