- What To Look For In A Brisket Knife
- List of 10 Best Brisket Knives Reviews 2021
- 1. Victorinox-Swiss-Army- 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife
- 2. SpitJack BBQ Smoked Brisket Knife for Meat Carving and Slicing
- 3. Wüsthof 14″ Brisket Slicer
- 4. Saken Slicing Carving Knife- 12 inch German steel
- 5. Mercer Culinary Millennia Granton Edge Slicer
- 6. Hammer Stahl 14-Inch Carving Knife
- 7. Dexter-Russell 12″ Scalloped Slicer
- 8. Kessaku 12-Inch Carving Slicing Knife
- 9. DALSTRONG Spanish Style Meat & Ham Slicer
- 10. MAIRICO Ultra Sharp Premium 11-inch Stainless Steel Carving Knife
Brisket Knife is something that is not talked about often, but it is definitely a crucial part of cooking brisket. A Brisket Knife will help you to easily cut through the meat when you are preparing it for smoking and serving.
Our research team has spent a lot of time preparing this in-depth article to help you understand the specific features that would make a Brisket Knife great. We also tried to find the best option available on the market today.
In order to find out which Brisket Knife was most loved by customers, our researchers looked at hundreds of different user reviews from across the web. Then we analyzed each one, looking for similarities and patterns among high or low ratings/reviews.
We have summarized what we found below in order to help you pick the Best Brisket Knife for your needs.
What To Look For In A Brisket Knife
When it comes to cutting up a large, expensive piece of meat such as a brisket, you want to be sure that you have the right tool for the job. Having a low quality knife can lead to a less than perfect product and who wants to spend hours preparing their meats only to serve something that isn’t up to par? By using a high quality knife when carving up your briskets or any other pieces of meat for that matter, will ensure that you get the best possible result from your food. Here are some guidelines in selecting the perfect knife for slicing brisket.
The type of blade is very important and there are several different types that you can choose from. The most common and popular options include:
Serrated – which has small teeth on the cutting edge; the serrations help to cut through meat fibers while keeping the knife from sliding around on the meat. This means less tearing and more even slices.
Straight/Non-Serrated – this type does not have any teeth, instead it will just be a smooth edge with no ridges or grooves in the metal. It might not seem obvious but there are actually benefits to using these knives when carving brisket or similar meats. Because it doesn’t have serrations, you’ll find yourself being able to cut through the meat easier, especially when working with brisket that has a little more fat than usual.
The material that the blade is made from can also be important, depending on what you’re using it for. The most common options are stainless steel, carbon steel and high carbon stainless steel which are all generally acceptable when cutting meats such as brisket. Some people even opt to use ceramic blades instead but they can be equally as expensive as top quality knives so keep this in mind before spending your money on one of those types of knives.
The sharpness of the blade is essential when it comes to cutting up meat. You want a knife that can quickly slice through the meat without being pulled or jerked in any direction. A blunt blade will simply waste your time, especially if you have a large number of briskets to cut up in a given amount of time.
The handle type should be comfortable for you to work with, considering that you’ll likely have to hold it at specific angles while slicing through meat fibres. Many people prefer an ergonomically designed handle that offers comfort and makes it easier to maintain a steady grip. Others like to use knives that have softer handles that don’t slip easily while cutting up meat inside which can get very slippery. Whatever handle you prefer, make sure it feels comfortable in your hands but will also be stable when you’re working with larger portions of brisket or other types of meats.
This is usually not an issue but keep in mind the size of the piece of meat you want to cut as well as how many people you might need to serve. Usually smaller pieces of brisket only require a small sized knife for slicing which could be as little as four or five inches long. A larger blade may be needed if you are serving several large pieces at once or depending on how much meat you think people will eat, of course.
List of 10 Best Brisket Knives Reviews 2021
1. Victorinox-Swiss-Army- 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife
- Lightweight, yet high-quality. High-productivity slicing knife for your cooking needs. This versatile and affordable slicer is a must have in any kitchen!
- The Granton Blade provides an incredible cutting performance with less friction on the food. It has a non slip grip with cross designed fibrox pro handle which can be used no matter what hand size that best suits your needs.
- And its dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about washing it by hand separately from everything else – making it practical for anyone!
- This knife by Victorinox Swiss Army is an excellent cutter as it does just that: cuts! It will help you through slicing brisket, meats, vegetables, or fruit.
- This utensil can also be used to cut open bags of chips, sandwiches and other food items too.
- The Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife is a knife by Victorinox Swiss Army and its blade resists corrosion so the item stays sharp longer than standard metal knives.
2. SpitJack BBQ Smoked Brisket Knife for Meat Carving and Slicing
- This powerful and generously sized carving knife is designed for cutting meat on the bone. You’ll be captivated by beautifully carved slices of smoked beef brisket, turkey breast, ham and smoking salmon as you carve with ease.
- The Granton edge ensures that your meat won’t cling to the blade as it cuts through its surface without having to push or put any pressure on what you’re working with.
- This 11-inch length is perfect for those ultra large roasts—but not too big for other smaller cuts of meat like chicken and tenderloin steak (perfectly capable of handling up to 12 pounds).
- It has a single piece hard plastic handle to make it dishwasher safe and easy to sanitize. This SS knife comes expertly honed from the factory, giving you reliable quality that can last through tough jobs.
- Reshape your blade with any sharpener as needed. The protective sheath keeps this knife protected during storage.
3. Wüsthof 14″ Brisket Slicer
- The Wüsthof Gourmet line features precise cuts to cleanly slice through steak, brisket, ham and other meats.
- Constructed from a single piece of chrom-molybdenum-vanadium steel, this knife has an offset blade for maximum precision and the sharpest possible cut every time.
- With triple rivets on the plastic handle it lends itself to be comfortably used with both hands while the full tang construction increases weight distribution and balance to make slicing a breeze.
- Offered in a variety of colors this slicer is elegant enough for your dining room table but rugged enough for your kitchen – all at an economical price point too!
- You won’t find a better quality slicing knife than this 14 inch brisket slicer.
- Equipped with a razor sharp blade and slip resistant handle, this Wüsthof Gourmet Slicing Knife is made to ensure top notch performance for professional chefs and expert amateurs.
4. Saken Slicing Carving Knife- 12 inch German steel
- The Saken slicer comes with a 12 inch blade for the chef who likes to make lots of cuts. This blade is for all the carnivores out there, so if you’re lacking that precision cut into your steak or roast, this is just what you need!
- This knife is designed with stainless steel and has a finely fashioned edge. It’s sharp enough to slice delicate meat cleanly without tearing it up on accident, which can be especially hard on families who have dietary restrictions.
- If you feel muscle fatigue in your hand or wrist after preparing dinner usually do-to slicing chicken breasts or other food–try our 10 inch hollow edge slicing carver knife made from super high quality material.
- The lightweight handle features an ergonomic design, and is easy to grip for all users. The blade is very sharp and durable, and it’s incredibly versatile: you can use it not only to slice meats and veggies but cut through homemade bread as well!
- The blade is hand-sharpened with equal bevels of 15 degrees on each side to provide excellent edge retention in the kitchen. It helps make effortless work out of mincing, slicing or chopping in any dish with fine cuts in mind.
- With a satin finished handle made from top quality materials, this cutting knife will easily last through many prep jobs over time without breaking down.
- Customers rave that our multi-functional slicer knife provides ultimate control for perfect slabs of beef or chicken with minimal margin for error!
5. Mercer Culinary Millennia Granton Edge Slicer
- The Mercer Millennia Slicer is an ergonomic, multi-functional tool that can separate food with just a few strokes of the blade.
- It has textured finger points for slip resistance and grip to cut safely and effectively through any type of produce (including potatoes). The wide length prevents you from cutting yourself while slicing.
- To ensure safety while cutting, there’s also a protective finger guard available which should be used at all times when storing or during use.
- Blades are sharpened at the factory in order to maintain the perfect edge every time it’s used. Because this slicer is made using one piece high carbon steel, it will never fail on you like cheaper alternatives littered around your kitchen right now!
6. Hammer Stahl 14-Inch Carving Knife
- Holding the perfect blade in your hand is like grabbing an extension of yourself-just for cooking. With the Hammer Stahl 14 inch carving knife, you will find everything food preparation made easy and impressive.
- Use it to slice briskets with precision, prime rib with finesse, turkey before Thanksgiving dinner or ham for Easter brunch. All without anything jamming so abrasion-free sleek perfection every time.
- Say goodbye to rusty blades that hinder cutting ability, tough knots that can’t be cut through smoothly enough and knives that just don’t feel right when they slice into meat because of poor design choices.
- With four openings at the end of each handle, our quad tang design gives this knife extraordinary balance and maneuverability. The Pakkawood handle offers superior comfort and comes with a lifetime guarantee against any defects in materials or workmanship.
- There are countless reasons to carry one of these along on your next kitchen adventure – think accurate slicing, effortless labor saving.
7. Dexter-Russell 12″ Scalloped Slicer
- The Dexter-Russell 12″” Scalloped Slicer is a durable, superior quality tool for cutting meats and poultry. From rib slabs to briskets, the super-sharp blade pierces through tough surfaces to cut cleanly through meat with scalloped edges.
- This slicer features affordable and eco-friendly high carbon steel that’s ground and honed precisely to handle any task you can throw at it.
- The comfortable grip allows hands to stay steady as they slice away effortlessly – saving your energy for the next job! Whether you’re catering an event or making dinner for family, this all purpose 12″ slicer will be your new best friend in the kitchen!
- NSF Certified to be sanitary and easy-to-clean. Dexter-Russell Scalloped Slicer has a slip resistant, clean polypropylene handle which can withstand even high temperatures.
- With the scalloped blades made from DEXSTEEL steel, there are sharper cutting edges that create the perfect slices every time! The blade is both dishwasher safe and frozen food safe making it perfect for any chef who needs precise cuts at their finest quality.
8. Kessaku 12-Inch Carving Slicing Knife
- Kessaku is a top-quality line of knives created with quality and safety in mind. The 12-Inch Carving Slicing Knife features a blade that is shockingly sharp, perfect balance, beautifully ergonomic grips, and looks terrific in any kitchen.
- Our careful attention to detail ensures that they offer the best user experience from start to finish. Its high performance will impress the experienced chef while still being gentle enough for a novice in the kitchen.
- A carving knife cuts through roast meat or poultry with ease so you can carve thinner slices of meats when serving them at your dinner table! It also serves as an excellent slicing or carving knife when making large servings of fruits or vegetables for family meal preparation.
- Kessaku is a German company which means their knives are of superior quality made from specially formulated steel with Rockwell hardness of 58 for maximum strength, flexibility, and blade edge durability.
- This precision forged knife has an individual Honbazuke sharpening process so it’s perfect when cutting through meat or vegetables.
- When you first grip the handle of this knife it will feel like it was custom built just for you due to our handcrafted G10 Fibe Tone construction. The blade is harder and forged at a higher temperature providing a fine edge, sharpness, and corrosion resistance.
9. DALSTRONG Spanish Style Meat & Ham Slicer
- If you handle a lot of meat at home, this product might make your life easier. This slicer is made from the highest quality materials and has a very sharp blade that can stay cool even when needed for hours on end.
- With a rounded blade angle and a full tang to provide maximum stability, this Spanish-inspired late model slicer will be able to effortlessly slice through any cut of ham or beef with just one swipe of the blade.
- In addition, it’s dishwasher safe so keeping it clean is as easy as throwing it in the dishwasher.
- A high-quality slicing knife that is perfect for the pros at your kitchen. This damascus steel slicing knife has a razor-sharp edge that can slice paper thin, making it an easy choice for expert chefs.
- Strong handle construction keeps this professional knife in place while its ultra-thin profile helps prevent surface resistance and really glide right through meat with ease.
- Plus, it will never rust because of the stainless steel blade, so you won’t have to worry about wiping off any corrosion or rust stains from various substances in your food after using this cutting tool in the kitchen!
- Ultra sharpness gives you extremely clean cuts every time and when coupled with G10 hand polishing it doesn’t matter what type of cheese hide from the knife it won’t get stuck.
- Dalstrong makes professional products for amateurs, put them on your list!
10. MAIRICO Ultra Sharp Premium 11-inch Stainless Steel Carving Knife
- The MAIRICO 11-inch Stainless Steel Carving Knife slices through meat like butter. Made of premium stainless steel, this carving knife is strong and sturdy.
- The blade is designed with both sharpness and precision in mind so you can cut effortlessly and produce exact cuts without any stress.
- With a well balanced weight distribution and secure grip design, the Mairico carving knife fits comfortably in your hand. Perfect for various types of meat, this kitchen tool will help you create everything from roast turkey to smoked brisket!
- Mairico is committed to delivering the highest quality, most precise slicing knives on the market.
- This 11-inch premium stainless steel carver is ergonomically designed for optimum performance and grip with an ultra sharp blade engineered for efficiency with minimal effort ensuring that delicate cuts are never rough or messy.
- A go-to favorite among chefs and cooks looking for thorough precision, Mairico’s carving knife makes short work of any type of meat, from brisket to pork loi.
What is the best brand of brisket knife?
The best brands are going to be subjective, depending on your needs and what you’re looking for in the knives. One brand that has a lot of great reviews is Victorinox because they have numerous options available at varying price points so there’s something for everyone.
How do I clean my brisket knife?
Cleaning knives with thick blades can be tricky but it really just depends on what type of material they’re made from. If you have carbon steel or high carbon stainless steel blades then you will want to wash them by hand using warm water and mild soap before putting them away to avoid rusting or corrosion. Stainless steel knives are easier to clean because most models shouldn’t rust, so you can put them in the dishwasher. High carbon stainless steel will need to be hand-washed as well although sometimes they are dishwasher safe too.
Where should I store my brisket knife?
Any good butcher block or wooden storage area would be perfect for storing your knives although there are numerous options available depending on your needs and preferences. Some prefer magnetic strips which can make it easier to grab the knives and put them away, especially if they’re always in use during dinner time. Whatever storage option you choose, make sure that the area is easily accessible for you and preferably near where you’ll be using them most often such as next to your workstation or cutting board.
Can I sharpen my brisket knife?
If your blade has become dull over time then yes absolutely. The type of material used will determine how often this needs to happen but keeping a clean edge with a steel sharpener will help maintain the original sharpness and prevent rusting or corrosion which can shorten the life of any knife.
A brisket is a cut of meat that comes from the lower breast or chest of a cow, lamb or pig. This cut must be cooked for several hours in order to become tender and delicious. Therefore, you would want to have the best knife for cutting it when it’s time to eat!
There are many reasons why a person may need to look for a good quality knife to use on briskets. For instance, it could be because they plan on inviting friends and family over for a barbecue party, or maybe they’ve been invited to one themselves! In any case, it’s always better if someone has something unique about their cooking skills. You can use this article as a guide in finding out which knives are right for your needs.
First of all, you want to make sure that the knife has a very sharp blade. This is important because otherwise there’s no point in buying it if it can’t do what it was designed for! You’ll need to spend some time looking at each model and researching which one would be best for your needs.
Second of all, you want to find out how well balanced different brands are when compared with each other. For instance, does the handle allow for balance while holding on to the knife? A good quality knife will be made from heavy material so that you can feel confident about using it. It should also fit into your hand comfortably without feeling too small or uncomfortable.
Lastly, any carving knives that are worth their weight will have a sturdy construction and be well balanced to make sure that you can use them safely without risk of injury.