A cast iron griddle is essential for any grill. It allows you to cook things like steak, bacon, pancakes, and eggs on your grill. A cast iron griddle can also be used for other cooking methods such as frying or sauteing outside of the grill. Cast Iron Griddles are very versatile in what they can do!
If you want a great quality product that will last longer than most griddles out there, then this post is for you! We have researched the top 9 best Cast Iron Griddles available today and reviewed them for your convenience. All the information you need is here so read on if this interests you!
Best Cast Iron Griddle For Grill Reviews
Cook up your favorite grilled dishes on this well-designed, oversized reversible cook surface. With a cooking area of 180 square inches, the ideal Le Creuset grill/griddle is great for entertaining or feeding everyone in the family.
It’s now easy to flip over your bacon with convenient integrated handles that allow you to pick it up off the heat or rotate it for even coverage without sticking to the slots. Both top and bottom are made from rust-resistant cast iron enamel, which can be used at oven temperatures as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
FINEX Cast Iron Double Burner Griddle is perfect for use in any kitchen – whether cooking for one or many. With its dual-sided design, the griddle’s efficient heating allows you to cook tasty pancakes on one side and juicy burgers on the other. Each cast iron piece is pre-seasoned with 100 percent organic flaxseed oil, giving it a nonstick, rustproof bronze sheen straight out of the box that lasts through years of use.
Given its thickness and smoothness to the touch, clean up after every meal is quick and simple – just straight into your dishwasher! At 22 inches end-to-end, FINEX Cast Iron Double Burner Griddles are designed to fit comfortably between two stove burners, allowing you to easily cook up for an army of hungry mouths.
Made of durable cast iron with a dual handle design to make it easy to lift off the stovetop this griddle allows you to cook food that requires different cooking times or temperatures on one surface.
With its unique flat surface that provides space for placing items like eggs or potatoes side-by-side while you’re preparing other foods as well as angled sides capable of collecting oil drippings for superb cleanup, the FINEX Cast Iron Double Burner Griddle is sure to become your go-to pan from putting in place roast vegetables for soups and stews all the way through presenting charcuterie boards at your next dinner party.
Every morning breakfast, then flip it over for an afternoon of grilling up supper. The Camp Chef Reversible Grill/Griddle allows you to top your eggs at breakfast and feast on a side of ribs before bedtime without making any major cleanup ahead of time.
This true seasoned cast-iron grill features a 16″ x 24″ stainless steel cooking surface and is sold as a seasoning kit, which includes two metal handles so that nothing stands in the way between you and simmering meat.
A sturdy handle bar made out of cast iron enables you to maneuver this already sizeable cooker with ease, but also maximizes heat retention so that both sides rustle evenly when flipping food from one side to another.
The Z Grill is a griddle pan with an awesome design that lets you grill your food to perfection. For best results, use the smooth side to cook grilled cheese sandwiches and pancakes for a touch of breakfast or dinner or get adventurous by flipping it over for a great ribbed flare from all-day meat to juicy poultry. High ridges keep oil from spilling out while providing safe gripping points.
This versatile cast-iron plate will distribute and absorb heat efficiently so that you can enjoy perfectly even cooking without burning anything! With this awesome product, grilling has never been easier!
NutriChef Cast Iron Reversible Grill Plate – 18 Inch Flat Cast Iron Skillet Griddle Pan For Stove Top
The cast iron grill and griddle from NutriChef reaches temperatures as high as 480°F for a professional level of cooking. The smooth side is perfect for the delicate foods like scrambled eggs, pancakes, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
The ribbed side holds meats, fish, poultry, and hamburgers deliciously to sear in their natural flavor. The added bonus is that there’s no need to butter or oil the pan because a low-fat cooking surface does all the work! Plus with its extra wide 12″ skillet area you have plenty of room to cook up anything from family dinners to apple crumbles with ease.
The cast iron grill plate heats quickly and evenly to cook your food with wondrous flavor using less oil! It’s compatible with all types of stovetops, meaning you can experiment with different heating sources like gas, induction, glass ceramic or electric.
With no need for scrubbing this dishwasher safe alternate cooking surface doesn’t slip around when wet; making it easy to undo food trapped within the ridges without burning yourself. Cook healthier meals in half the time while adding extra flare to beautifully grilled foods: take advantage of hotter summer months by barbecuing year round.
Legend Cast Iron Griddle for Gas Stovetop | 2-in-1 Reversible 20” Cast Iron Grill Pan For Stovetop with Easy Grip Handles
The Legend Cast Iron Grill/Griddle is the perfect item to find in your family’s kitchen. It will bring you joy for generations.
It’s crafted from industrial strength materials- steel and iron- which are excellent at conducting heat, making it easier to cook robust flavors with this grill or griddle. With its nonstick surface, convenient handles, and flared shape for overhanging edges so you can cook all sizes of food items quickly in copious amounts, this griddle has made life much easier for any modern-day chef in the 21st century.
It heats smoothly over campfire embers just as easily as it cooks evenly when placed on stove burner tops without any modifications! Equipped with sturdy aluminum handles that provide a firm grip as well as a heat-resistant shield against any dangerous flare-ups, this grill does not leave out even one single aspect that could make the life of your kitchen different than it was before.
Simply the best cast iron ever, Lodge pre-seasoned cast iron is ruggedly tough and ready to use right out of the box. Our seasoned cooking surfaces provide a natural, easy release finish that improves with use. Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating, this skillet fits over two stovetop burners or can be used for baking in an oven.
At home on the grill or at a campfire you’ll find your new favorite cooking companion – easily go from pancakes to steaks with a quick flip! Not just a fry pan either, because it’s also exceptional for sauces and stews so while you have one pan doing all these things, other pots can stay clean!
Amazon Basics cast iron grill and griddle is perfect for all your cooking needs. It’s great for making pancakes, bacon, paninis, grilled cheese sandwiches, burger patties and anything else you can think up! Plus it’s reversible so you can cook with either wax or oil-paper side down and never worry about sticking again (and it doubles as a makeshift surface).
The handles are perfectly positioned to make flipping items effortless too. This pre-seasoned item will provide the same rugged durability that makes cast iron stand out from other materials, but without the benefit of nonstick surfaces. You should read these instructions before use: Cast iron ensures consistent heat distribution and retention; hand wash only when transferring or removing from burner or oven.
The Lodge Cast Iron Griddle delivers heavy-duty performance, with lower sidewalls and a wider cooking surface. Great for the stovetop, campfire or oven. This round cast iron griddle pan is the perfect tool for cooking pancakes, pizza or quesadillas. The slightly raised edges keep oil, batter, and other ingredients neat; while we season it to remove built-up on its surface during use. It retains heat evenly and will become more naturally nonstick over time as you care for it properly.
Cast Iron Griddle Buyer’s Guide
- Enameled or Uncoated: Enameled cast iron griddles do not need to be seasoned and can just go straight into the oven, which makes them very easy to clean. They also won’t rust if they become wet. However, enameled griddles are much more expensive than uncoated ones. Uncoated cast iron griddles require seasoning but provide a non-stick surface after doing so. If you plan on cooking foods such as eggs or pancakes that may stick to your griddle’s surface, an uncoated model will work better for you because food will not stick as easily compared to cooking on bare cast iron.
- Grip Handles: The best griddle handles help you to move and hold the appliance. Keep in mind that because coatings might melt in ovens or under high temperatures, these utensils do not include covered handles. The griddle’s handle must be big enough to allow you to grip the hot plate securely while wearing oven mitts.
- Stove Compatibility: Cast iron griddles can be used with gas stoves. However, you should double-check that the griddle is big enough for your needs. If you’re going camping and want to bring the griddle along, make sure it will fit on your camping stove.
- Pre-seasoned is important: The significance of pre-seasoned cookware cannot be overstated. Make sure the pan’s surface is oiled or not. If you don’t, you’ll have to season it each time you use it. You may save time by seasoning the pan if it is already seasoned.
- Even Heating: The ideal griddles are those that maintain a consistent temperature so you can produce meals correctly without overcooking them.
How To Use A Cast Iron Griddle
The first time you try cooking on your new Cast Iron Griddle, it is important that you season it correctly. Here are some tips for seasoning and using your new Cast Iron Griddle:
- First clean the entire pan with hot water and soap, then dry it completely. Next apply a very thin layer of flaxseed oil, coconut oil or other food-safe mineral oil to all surfaces except the handle. If desired, sprinkle kosher salt over the bottom side of the pan and heat it in the oven, upside down at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- Preheat your griddle on a medium-high setting for several minutes before adding food – this is true even if you are cooking over an open flame such as a campfire or grill! The pan needs to be extremely hot to prevent sticking and promote searing.
- Add food when the griddle stops “hissing” and you see wisps of smoke rising from it. For foods with high moisture contents (such as bacon), allow the bottom side to cook undisturbed until crisp and browned before flipping! This saves you from eating raw or burned meat.
- Wash your cast iron griddle with warm water and a stiff brush after use, and dry it completely. Make sure that it is completely dry before storing it – otherwise, you may find your utensil drawer full of rust! You can then re-season the pan as necessary if food has stuck during cooking or cleaning.
- To prevent rusting between uses, lightly coat all surfaces with oil and store them in a warm place such as on an oven rack overnight. Do not wipe off excess oil until ready to use your griddle again!
The last thing you want is for your cast iron griddle to become rusty and unusable! With proper care and maintenance, you should expect yours to last for several decades.
Best Cast Iron Griddle FAQs
Q: Can I use a regular cast iron pan on the stove top?
A: Yes, you can. The only thing that changes is that you have to be careful with it. Because regular cast iron pans are not pre-seasoned, they need to be seasoned every time before using them on the stovetop or oven, unlike an electric one. So, easier said than done!
Q: Can I put my cast iron griddle in the oven?
A: Well… it’s best if you don’t do it all too often because there are chances of damage. But yes, if you want to make something special out of this cooking surface for your oven, go ahead! It won’t cost you much but may come really handy when you’re down.
Q: Does cast iron conduct heat well?
A: Good question! Cast iron is known for its excellent conductivity of heat due to the density of metal. So, you can be assured that the pan will distribute and store heat in an efficient manner. This feature alone makes cast iron work really well on ovens and stovetops alike.
Q: Can I use cast iron pans if I have a non-stick cookware?
A: It’s not recommended to use other types of pans with your cast iron griddle because it may damage both the dishes. If the other one is Teflon coated or something similar, there’s a high chance that your cast iron pan might scrape it off when you’re cooking.
Q: Can I use soap on my cast iron pan?
A: You can, but it’s not recommended to do so. Soap will get rid of the seasoning you’ve made on the surface, and make the griddle look dull. Keep in mind that this pan needs oil or fat to keep itself well-seasoned for good conductivity of heat.
Q: How should I clean/ wash my cast iron griddle?
A: It’s best if you don’t use dishwasher because they are really harsh on pans like these. Usually, hot water and a piece of cloth does all right for regular cleaning; then dry it out immediately to avoid rusting. For more serious stains, you can use some vinegar and salt.
Q: Is cast iron healthy?
A: Cast iron is a good heat conductor and it holds the heat for long time due to its density. It’s not only good for cooking but also hold health benefits because there are no chances of chemicals seeping into your food while you cook with it. That’s why it’s often advised by professionals and doctors to use cast iron pans at home or carry them when camping outdoors.
And if that wasn’t enough, a cast iron griddle will help you cook healthier food because it doesn’t allow any excess oil/fat/grease to stay on the surface of the pan. This way, less of oil goes into your food, and you get to taste the natural flavor of your cooking without any additional oil/butter.
It can be difficult to find the right cast iron griddle pan for your needs, but with this buying guide you will have no problem. We’ve put in countless hours of research and testing these pans out ourselves to make sure that they are worth every penny. We hope that our list has helped you narrow down which one is best for your cooking style!