Tabletop patio heaters are small, compact, and easy to move around. They are an excellent option for those who want to have a little extra warmth in their outdoor space without having something that is too big or bulky. These units can be used to supplement your existing heating system or on its own if you do not already have one installed. Here are some of the best tabletop patio heaters available today:
- What Is A Tabletop Patio Heater?
- List of 7 Best Tabletop Patio Heater Reviews
- #1 Napoleon Tabletop Patio Heater 11000 BTU Propane
- #2 Hiland AZ Tabletop Propane Gas Patio Heater 11,000 BTU
- #3 Fire Sense Stainless Steel Table Top Patio Heater
- #4 Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
- #5 Hiland HLDS032-GTTHG Portable Propane Table Top Pyramid Glass Tube Patio Heater
- #6 Hiland HIL-1821 Tabletop Indoor/Outdoor Electric Patio Heater
- #7 Endless Summer EWTR800B Patio Electric Heater
- What To Look For In A Tabletop Patio Heater
- Benefits of Propane Tabletop Patio Heaters
What Is A Tabletop Patio Heater?
A tabletop patio heater is designed to be placed atop a table. Most heaters are small enough that they can be moved around by the user; some even have wheels attached for ease of movement. The size of most tabletop heaters is relatively small, so they are easy to move and store away. Many different kinds exist, including propane, electric quartz, infrared electric, infrared propane/natural gas/butane, fire-pit stoves.
Propane is one of the most commonly used materials for this kind of heater because it burns cleanly and efficiently without producing greenhouse gases or requiring extra fuel sources. This type works through the combustion of propane gas with oxygen from the surrounding air. When oxygen is present in sufficient quantities, this type of fire will burn with almost complete oxidation.
Propane heaters are relatively common and inexpensive compared to other types of patio heaters. They are easy to use, safe if used properly, and portable. Many propane heaters can be easily transported by one person due to lightweight. Some models come with wheels for easy mobility over flat terrains, while others do not have them because they are intended for stationary outdoor usage only. Wheels make it easier to move your heater from place to place without straining yourself or using valuable time on the task. With proper care, many propane heaters provide years of service at a fraction of the cost that you would otherwise expect to pay for similar products.
There is also an option for outdoor propane heaters that are made to resemble a cooking pot with a lid. These types of heaters look normal enough that you won’t be able to distinguish the propane heater from a similar looking stove or grill in appearance, but they still give off all of the benefits that their tabletop counterparts do.
List of 7 Best Tabletop Patio Heater Reviews
#1 Napoleon Tabletop Patio Heater 11000 BTU Propane
When you’re having a small gathering with a few family and friends, you don’t need many temperatures. You may save money by utilizing a less expensive and still effective outdoor heater like the Napoleon. When you sit within five feet of it, its heat output of 11000 BTUs ensures that you stay warm.
It’s worth noting that it is constructed of stainless steel and has a 304 finish. This implies it is weather-resistant. As a result, you may use it for some time before needing to replace it. The patio heater is light and weighing just 18 pounds. As a result, it’s quite mobile and can be utilized in any location in the garden. It can be placed on almost any surface, making it an excellent outdoor heater. It also includes an electric push-button that is built to last. You won’t have to struggle with lighting or heating the heat.
What we liked:
- It’s affordable and easy to use
- It’s durable, as it is waterproof
- Versatile; you can take it anywhere due to its weight and size
- It has an electronic ignition for ease of use
#2 Hiland AZ Tabletop Propane Gas Patio Heater 11,000 BTU
The Tabletop Patio Heater by Hiland is an excellent value for money unit that will complement your patio well. It has a variable heating output of 7000 to 11,000 BTUs sufficient for a small gathering. Because the temperature setting can be changed, the heat amount may be varied and adjusted depending on the current situation.
Aluminum and polished stainless steel are used in its construction. It can withstand even harsh weather conditions if it isn’t placed within your patio. Furthermore, the cover made of durable plastic protects the heater from water droplets and other debris.
In the event that the pilot light goes out, the thermocouple will ensure that gas is shut off. This is why you won’t see any gas leaking, which might cause a fire and result in significant damage. Additionally, this patio heater has top-notch anti-tilt features like a large base plate, ensuring that accidental fires are improbable.
What we liked:
- Aesthetically pleasing – the sleek design of the Hiland tabletop patio heater is alluring. It also has anti-tilt features, which is a big plus.
- Outstanding value for money – This patio heater comes at an affordable price, yet it doesn’t sacrifice quality nor its performance.
- Durable – The materials used are durable and long-lasting. They are also rust-resistant to increase longevity even more. However, proper storage will be necessary during winter time or when storing it for extended periods of time to avoid damage due to rusting or corrosion on the parts. Even if you reside in areas with harsh weather conditions, this unit can handle them easily!
- Convenient – Adjusting heat output is easy due to the adjustable feature. You can also adjust the temperature. The unit is compact so it will be highly convenient in transporting it around, whether to a friend’s house or when transporting it inside your vehicle.
#3 Fire Sense Stainless Steel Table Top Patio Heater
The Fire Sense Table Top Patio in Stainless Steel Heater is the next item in our product line. The model is available in a sleek stainless steel finish that will appeal to your visitors and is certain to be noticed.
The Fire Sense Stainless Steel Table Top Patio Heater is 35 inches tall, which means you and your guests can enjoy all of its 10,000 BTU output and hood with a heat reflector on chilly evenings. The controls are simple to use. In a matter of seconds, the ignition button fires the unit to provide intense warmth by adjusting the level of heat with an adjustable dial.
The tabletop heater is the ideal choice for summer evenings or gatherings on chilly fall nights in the garden. The temperature may be raised around 10-25 degrees with a tabletop heater, allowing you to spend more time outside with family and friends. A propane 1 pound container is hidden within a compartment at the base and requires a propane 1 pound container that sits outside of a built-in compartment. It will last approximately 3 hours during continuous use.
We are pleased about how compact, light, and portable this tabletop heater is, making it ideal for keeping in storage during the off-season. The base is weighted to ensure sturdiness, however if it is damaged, there is an incorporated cutoff method that assures security. In addition, if the oxygen level in the air drops too low due to a lack of supply of fuel, the oxygen depletion sensor can be used to turn off the flow of gas.
The heater comes with all of the necessary components to put it together (aside from a propane cylinder). The assembly process, on the other hand, is quite challenging. There are around 20 pieces in total, which might be intimidating for those who aren’t familiar with the procedure of putting these parts together without assistance. Overall, though, it’s a tabletop heater that’s ideal for summer BBQs or long nights chatting with your family in the evening under the stars. It’s simple to operate and generates a lot of heat, and it includes several security features to guarantee your safety.
What we liked:
- It is compact and portable, with a base that’s weighted for sturdiness
- The stainless steel design makes it an attractive choice for your backyard
- It is easy to operate and includes a bright LED light to see what you’re doing
- There are safety features such as the oxygen depletion sensor and cutoff button
#4 Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
It’s not as attractive as the other products on our list, but it nevertheless works well. Mr. Heater Buddy Portable Propane Radiant Heater is a great option for keeping you and your family warm during cold evenings at home or outside.
The 10.6-pound small portable model comes with a built-in handle for simple transportation and requires one pound of cylinder. However, by using an extra filter and hose, you may extend the run duration to 2 pounds. The tiny size of the tabletop heater makes it ideal for BBQs at the beach as well as at home in your backyard. It fits so conveniently in your garage or car that it can be there without taking up too much room.
The heating element has a power output ranging from 4,000 to 9,000 BTU, depending on the setting you choose. Because the higher temperature consumes more fuel, you can reduce it to extend the burning time. The built-in Piezo ignition mechanism allows you to light the lamp with a press of a button without using lighters or matches.
This tabletop heating device can heat an area of 250 square feet, making it ideal for large gatherings. The unit has tip-over sensors and an oxygen depletion alarm, both of which automatically turn off the heater if activated. If you’re not fussy about looks, this tabletop heater is a fantastic buy. Its small size makes it easy to transport to tailgating and beach BBQs, and it generates a lot of energy for its tiny burner in terms of power output.
What we liked:
- Power output ranging from 4,000 to 9,000 BTU
- Portable tabletop unit
- Heats up an area of 250 square feet
- Has tip-over sensors and oxygen depletion alarm
- Good value for money considering its price range
#5 Hiland HLDS032-GTTHG Portable Propane Table Top Pyramid Glass Tube Patio Heater
Tabletop heaters are one-of-a-kind, but they don’t complement all patios. If you’re searching for beauty, the heaters mentioned in this post would not be a good fit for your patio. Most likely, homeowners do not have patios that are industrial in design. Take a look at the Hiland propane heater if you’re unsure whether the options we’ve presented are appropriate for your patio. It’s much more subtle in appearance than most heaters and yet it’s both attractive and stylish.
Surprisingly, Hiland heaters are quite distinct. The Hiland heater comes in two different forms: stainless steel and bronze. Both are suited for outdoor use because they are resistant to corrosion. We prefer the design of the stainless steel heater, but both are good choices. In terms of heating, the capacity of the 9500 BTU Hiland heater is lower than that of the Fire Sense heater. However, there appears to be no anti-tilt mechanism on this model, as it does not include an oxygen depletion sensor. Outside isn’t a problem.
Keep in mind that the propane cylinders used with this heater are disposable.
What we liked:
- Sturdy build for an outdoor heater
- Reliable heater
- Fuel efficient (22,000 BTU/h for the 9500 BTU model and 22000 BTU/h for the 12000 BTU model)
#6 Hiland HIL-1821 Tabletop Indoor/Outdoor Electric Patio Heater
This is a different tabletop heater from AZ Hiland, this time electric rather than propane. The AZ HIL-1821 has an infrared burner that produces 1500 Watts of heat. You’ll feel as if you’re sitting in the sun if you’re sitting in front of the device. Its strength will certainly provide warmth to tables with up to five people. The burner, on the other hand, is extremely glaring, which may irritate those who are sensitive to light.
This heater has a very sturdy foundation that is weighted and won’t easily fall over. It also comes with a safety valve that prevents tilts. If you inadvertently tilt it to one side, it will turn the equipment off. It’s also IP waterproof, giving you peace of mind if it rains suddenly. This heater is constructed of long-lasting stainless steel and is half the size of a typical table lamp.
It may be utilized both outside and indoors. It’s constructed of elegant, gleaming stainless steel with a cable length of 96 inches for power. The cable can be inserted into any standard 120V socket. It is ETL and CSA certified, as well as being RoHS compliant. If you’re looking for the best electric tabletop heater, the HIL-1821 is it.
What we liked:
- Has a powerful 1500-watt infrared heating system
- Has eight pre-set thermostat settings
- Weighs only 12.55 pounds despite the sturdy steel construction
- Can be used both indoors and outside
#7 Endless Summer EWTR800B Patio Electric Heater
It’s a more stylish and appealing patio heater that would appeal to anybody looking for something different. The heater’s lamp-style form and cherry-colored finish give it a certain elegance and sophistication that few others can match. It’s traditional while also being modern. There is no need to worry about the weather resistance of the paint if you are using it outside because it is resistant to the elements.
The Endless Summer EWTR800B is a pedestal radiant heat heater with a 1,200-watt heating element and 4,095 BTUs. This means that radiant heat is fantastic in this instance since it produces 4,095 BTUs along with a 1,200-watt heating element. The user will feel at ease within a 12-foot wide circle. This implies that the Endless Summer EWTR800B is extremely versatile and useful for a range of different settings including the patio and decks. It can heat up to 144 square feet. It’s easy to operate because it runs on 120 volts only. Simply connect it and you’re ready to go.
The Endless Summer EWTR800B patio heater is equipped with an 8-foot cable for convenience. The tilt control is built to ensure that the heater shuts off if it falls or is tilted, ensuring safety. The CSA certification of this Endless Summer EWTR800B ensures that the equipment runs efficiently and safely. For chilly winter evenings, this Endless Summer EWTR800B can help you increase the mood and warmth of your outside area. It’s fashionable as well as user-friendly.
What we liked:
- Heat and paint that’s weather-resistant.
- The elegant design.
- The tilt safety feature that’s built into the construction of the unit.
What To Look For In A Tabletop Patio Heater
After you have decided what type of tabletop patio heater works best for your needs, it’s time to look at some features that will make the heater more comfortable and enjoyable.
Although propane heaters typically burn cleanly and efficiently, they can still produce harmful gases if not used correctly. Look for a model with safety features such as an automatic turn-off feature to ensure that the product does not become overused or damaged during use. When searching for a tabletop patio heater, check whether or not you want electronic ignition which is a feature on some similar products where a push button ignites the flame using electricity rather than manually lighting it with a match or lighter. Automatic shut down is also an important safety feature to look for as it will automatically shut off the unit if it’s tipped over, runs out of fuel, a flame sensor detects high levels of carbon dioxide produced by insufficient oxygen in combustion or if a vent becomes blocked.
Temperature control is a handy feature to have on your tabletop patio heater. An outside temperature control setting allows you to set the heater at a higher temperature when the weather is cooler and vice versa when the weather gets warmer. This way, you can easily adjust it to fit your comfort level.
The temperature control also allows you to turn down the heat instantly in case there are children or pets nearby that could otherwise get burned if left unattended.
A range of heat settings will give you more versatility with your tabletop patio heater. Having multiple heat settings means that you can use your appliance for different heating needs (for example cooking versus warming up) throughout the day without having to empty propane tanks or make any other adjustments to system.
Given that propane heaters are typically low in cost, most people do not want to spend extra money on fuel. Look for a model with an efficient heating mechanism that will provide you with maximum BTUs per liter of propane used.
Portability & Weight
Another important factor when shopping for tabletop patio heaters is whether or not it can be easily transported from one location to another. You may want to bring your heater indoors or store it away during the winter season so choose accordingly. Outdoor tabletop heaters typically weigh around 15 pounds and some models include wheels for ease of portability whereas indoor units tend to be larger and usually cannot be moved often once placed in their designated area.
Convenience is another factor that will influence your buying decision. If you want to be able to light the heater with a match, choose one with an ignition button. Other features such as temperature controls, adjustable heat settings and extended hoses are all factors that should be considered when purchasing your tabletop patio heater.
Benefits of Propane Tabletop Patio Heaters
Propane is a great fuel source for outdoor equipment as it has a high energy density. That means that propane carries 25 times more heat per gallon than gasoline, which translates into longer burn times from the same amount of fuel used. When compared to natural gas, propane has 4 times as much BTU’s per cubic feet making it one of the most efficient forms of fuel out there.
- Superior Fuel Efficiency: Propane is an extremely efficient form of fuel used in outdoor heating appliances due to its ability to produce usable heat with relatively small amounts of gas. This allows for longer burn times and more even heat distribution without having to refill or replace tank valves which saves you time, money and effort.
- Clean Burning: Propane does not create residue that needs to be cleaned like other fuels like gasoline do due to carbon emissions. When propane burns it produces water, carbon dioxide and heat – no byproducts like soot or ash are left behind. This means you can sit back, relax and enjoy your patio heater without having to clean off the unit after every use!
- Convenience: Propane is extremely convenient to use, which makes it an ideal fuel for tabletop patio heaters. Bottled propane offers the same convenience as gas grills, therefore you can take your tabletop heater with you to any outdoor living area without having to worry about matching up the correct size burner.
- Safety: One of the main benefits of using propane in outdoor heating appliances is that it burns cleanly and does not emit carbon monoxide or other harmful fumes into the air. This means that even if unlit, there are no open flames which gives you peace of mind knowing that kids or pets won’t get hurt if they accidentally come across your backyard patio heater.
- Versatility: Another advantage of using propane is its versatility. Propane has many uses and is easily converted into different forms for different applications making it a safe, efficient and viable fuel source regardless of what you’re using it for. For tabletop patio heaters, propane can be used to fill your tank or even run it as a portable grill which means that you now can barbecue outdoors with ease!
- Quick Heating: Propane provides instant heating which makes it the perfect option for those who want their patio heater to get warm as fast as possible. Propane is an extremely clean burning fuel source meaning that there are no extra additives like natural gas available in some areas do which translates into faster ignition and quicker heat up times on your tabletop patio heater.
I’ve seen patio heaters that run on propane, but what about natural gas?
A: Most tabletop patio heaters burn propane. If you do not have access to bottled gas or other propane tanks then natural gas might be an option for your heater; however the tank sizes may need to be adjusted to fit the different flow rates of natural gas. Natural gas can also be dangerous to store so it’s highly advisable that you only use fuel approved by the appliance manufacturer!
Is there any maintenance required for my tabletop patio heater?
A: Although they are typically quite durable and do not need much maintenance, manufacturers recommend cleaning all parts of your unit after every use. This will ensure optimal efficiency and performance as well as help eliminate the possibility of any accidents from occurring.
How often is fuel consumed when I use my tabletop patio heater?
A: It’s difficult to determine how many hours your heater will run due to the variances in BTU and heat output of different models, however it should last you a considerable amount of time before needing to be refilled with gas or propane. To ensure safety and optimal performance we recommend checking on your unit at least once per day while it’s running on gas, and more frequently if using for extended periods of time.
The best tabletop patio heater for you will be determined by your available space and intended usage – if you’ve looked at our reviews but aren’t sure, see the suggestions below. Remember that when using any sort of heating device outside, it is crucial to exercise caution – always follow the manufacturer’s instructions!
If you frequently host big gatherings of family and friends, the Fire Sense Stainless Steel Table Top Patio Heater is a fantastic option. This model produces 10,000 BTUs, which is plenty to keep everyone toasty. The heat reflector directs the heat downward and may raise the temperature by as much as 12 degrees Fahrenheit (6 degree Celsius). It also has a safety screen built in to prevent curious children from touching the heating element.